While tree removal is always a last resort, there are situations where it is necessary. TreeWorks can help you decide whether or not a tree should be removed. Our tree surgeons have the skills and equipment to safely and efficiently remove trees.
Here’s how we can help:
- Provide a free on-site verbal assessment of your tree
- If necessary, we can do the tree removal paperwork required by your local government
- Carry out a risk assessment and tree removal plan
- Arrange traffic management if required
- Remove tree or make safe
- Tidy up any mess and remove all material from site
Our arborists are highly qualified and we carry $20m in public liability insurance.
There is legislation to protect trees in the ACT. Before removing or pruning trees in your garden check if you need development approval from the Tree Protection Unit at the Territory and Municipal Services (TAMS) – this includes the trees in your backyard.
This regulation applies to:
- trees over 12m high or with a canopy 12m or more wide trees with a trunk circumference of 1.5m or more, 1m above natural ground level and / or
- trees which have two or more trunks and the total circumference of all the trunks, 1m above the natural ground level, is 1.5m or more.
Click here to read more information on removing trees in Canberra